Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quinoa with Chard and Cheese




This recipe was an adaptation; I was looking for ways to incorporate quinoa. I rarely have all of the ingredients for a recipe, so I have a tendency to use what I have on hand. This time it was delicious!
I had been trying to find ways to use quinoa because it is good source of protein. I have read that it is the only complete vegetable protein. Does anyone have a good recipe for quinoa they would share?

Olive oil
1 diced yellow onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1-2 cups left-over, cooked quinoa
2 generous cups chopped Swiss chard
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

In a large skillet, cook the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent and frangrant. Stir in the quinoa to heat it up. Add the chard next and cook over medium heat until the leaves are wilted. Remove skillet from heat and add parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yum! That sounds awesome! I've never used quinoa. I don't think I've ever even tried it...but you'll probably correct me on that, huh? You've probably fed it to me before. ;)

Kali said...

Uh, what is quinoa exactly?